To check status of a background check, log in here: https://clients.efetch.com/. Login details stored in LastPass.
- Normal turnaround is 2-3 business days.
- Crimcheck has a 12pm EST cut off time which means if a request is received in office after 12pm EST, it will be dated for the next business day (this is to ensure thorough investigation time).
- If you need a specific individual expedited, Crimcheck offers a Rush Service which is $50 per applicant for 24hr turn around.
- Additional fees for states (SD, NY, etc.) need to be manually charged.
- Once we receive an invoice from Crimcheck, we'll know if any applicants had these fees applied.
- Jess will receive the invoice from Crimcheck and also manually charge clients through Chargify when applicable. (There is no approval needed from client prior to processing charge because the additional fees are posted in app when a user orders a background check.)
To Check on Status of an Order
Go to the Screening tab and click on Applicant Link and then View Requests. You can see the status in the Status column. If an applicant has completed the forms, you will see a green "Completed Forms" flag in the status column and the Order ID will be clickable so you can see additional status notes when you click on it.
Additional status info available by clicking on the Order ID if forms have been completed.
If you need to ask the Crimcheck team about an order, enter a message in the Messages section.
Crimcheck Two-Step Background Check Process (for Red Zone accounts)
In the interest of keeping the form a reasonable length, this process can only be used for the Basic Package and the Basic Package + Driving Record because it does not currently include education and employment verification fields.
Going forward, whenever a user would like to perform a 2-step background check where the applicant fills out the authorization form in advance, start out by going to the Send Message menu on the Application Viewer and select Send Form to Applicant. In the drop-down menu, select the Background Check Release form and send it to the applicant.
When the applicant has filled out the form, it will show up on the Onboarding Documents tab of the Application Viewer.
When the user is ready to order the background check, just send an email to email@example.com letting us know 1) the applicant's name & email address to perform the background check on and 2) which background check package and we'll take care of the rest. Once we've had a chance to try this out on some applicants, we'll look at developing more automation for this process.
Crimcheck's guidance on access to & retention of background check info:
Hey Josh –
In regard to your question regarding the storing of the background auths and who can view them this is the answer I was given from our Compliance Manager:
Although Crimcheck.com cannot give specific legal advice, there is no specific retention location criteria other than it should be filed in a secured location with other HR documents regarding selection, hiring and employment records. Only the HR department personnel with a ‘need to know” should have access.
Retention is as follows:
Retention: Federal Fair Credit Reporting Act (FCRA), 15 U.S.C. § 1681p § 618. Jurisdiction of courts; limitation of actions An action to enforce any liability created under this title may be brought in any appropriate United States district court, without regard to the amount in controversy, or in any other court of competent jurisdiction, not later than the earlier of (1) 2 years after the date of discovery by the plaintiff of the violation that is the basis for such liability; or (2) 5 years after the date on which the violation that is the basis for such liability occurs.
In other words, most would retain these documents for a minimum of 6 years from date of signature.